The Services (defined below) are provided by Gururo Private Limited, a private limited company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 and having its corporate office at Level 6, North Tower, ITC Green Centre, Marutiseva Nagar, Banaswadi Main Road, Bengaluru 560005, Karnataka, India (hereinafter referred to as “Gururo“, “we“, “us” or “our” as the context may require).
Each Program may have a separate set of terms dealing with refunds, deferrals, payments, etc. governing such Programs, and our corporate clients may have executed separate written agreements with us, which, in the event of a conflict, will supersede these Terms to the extent of the conflicting provisions.
These Terms shall apply to Gururo hosted mobile apps, WhatsApp groups, Facebook groups, Instagram pages, Facebook pages, email/SMS/phone communications and other social media forums hosted by Gururo, which shall be deemed to be part of the ‘Platform’ by reference. You acknowledge that certain parts of the Platform, as mentioned above, are provided by third-party service providers, and you agree to abide by their terms and conditions. Gururo shall not be responsible for any disruption of services caused by such third-party service providers.
Although you may “bookmark” a particular portion of the Platform and thereby bypass these Terms, your use of the Platform still binds you to these Terms.
These Terms, including the policies referenced in these Terms, represent a binding contract between you and us with regard to the Services. You indicate your agreement to these Terms by clicking or tapping on a button indicating your acceptance of these Terms, by executing a document that references them, or by using the Services. Therefore, please read these Terms carefully, and contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Terms of Services
Whether you have enrolled in a Program or are simply browsing the Platform, once you have accessed the Platform or Programs, you shall be considered a ‘user’ for the purpose of these Terms. You are responsible for all your activities in connection with the use of the Platform and Programs. You hereby agree to fully comply with all applicable local, provincial, state, national and foreign laws, treaties, and regulations in connection with such use. You shall not resort to any unethical practices while using the Platform.
Registration and Information. You need not register with us to simply visit and view our website, but to access and avail the Services being offered, you will need to create a password-protected account (“Account”).
During the registration process, you are also required to submit your personal information, which may include information relating to your name, age, gender, mobile device, and location, among other things. You agree that the information provided by you upon registration and at all times thereafter will be true, accurate, current, and complete. You agree to maintain and update this information to keep it true, accurate, and complete at all times while using the Services.
By sharing your email address & phone number with us, you consent to be contacted by us via phone calls, SMS notifications, mobile applications, email, and/or any other electronic mode of communication in case of upcoming events, program updates, and deadline.
You are solely responsible for safeguarding your password (“Password“) at all times and shall keep your Password secure at all times. You shall be solely responsible for all activity that occurs on your Account and you shall notify us immediately of any breach of security or any unauthorized use of your Account. Similarly, you shall never use another’s Account without our permission. You agree that you will not misrepresent yourself or represent yourself as another user of the Services.
You hereby expressly acknowledge and agree that you yourself will be liable for your losses, damages, and expenses (whether direct or indirect) caused by unauthorized use of your Account. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may be liable for our losses or others due to such unauthorized use.
The Services enable you to share your content, such as homework, quizzes, exams, projects, and other assignments you submit, posts you make in the forums, and the like (“User Content”), with Gururo, instructors, and/or other users. You retain all intellectual property rights in, and are responsible for, the User Content you share. We are not responsible for any actions you take with respect to the User Content, including sharing it publicly. Further, you are not permitted to use another user’s User Content without such user’s express consent.
How Gururo and Others May Use User Content
To the extent that you provide User Content, you grant Gururo a fully-transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, sub-licensable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to copy, distribute, modify, create derivative works based on, publicly perform, publicly display, and otherwise use the User Content. This license includes granting Gururo the right to authorize institutions offering courses as part of the Services, to use User Content with their registered students and on-campus learners independent of the Services. To clarify, this license continues even after you stop using the Services. Nothing in these Terms shall restrict other legal rights Gururo may have to User Content. We reserve the right to remove or modify User Content for any reason, including User Content that we believe violates these Terms. To the extent that instructors and/ or other users use User Content in a manner not authorised by you or by Gururo, Gururo shall hold no responsibility and shall bear no liability for any loss, damage or expenses suffered or incurred by you owing to misuse or User Content or breach of your intellectual property rights over the User Content.
During your learning journey with us, Gururo may conduct Capstone Projects as a part of your learning curriculum to enable you to address practical problems relevant to your Program (“Problem“). Such Problems may either be provided by Gururo or you may also propose certain problems from your end for you to work upon. You will be free to deploy Gururo’s resources and guidance from Gururo’s mentors and faculty members to resolve the problem (“Solution“).
Accordingly, notwithstanding anything stated in the aforementioned sections of ‘User Content’ and ‘How Gururo and Others May Use User Content’, following terms and conditions shall be applicable to the Capstone Projects:
- If the Problem is provided by Gururo, then Gururo shall exclusively retain all the intellectual property rights to such Problem for perpetuity. Furthermore, Gururo shall also own all the intellectual property rights to the Solution of such a Problem devised by you and shall have the right to otherwise use the Solution in any manner as Gururo may deem fit. You shall have the right to exhibit the Problem and the Solution to demonstrate your skills for career growth and progression, however, you shall not exploit the Problem and/or the Solution for any commercial purpose, whatsoever.
- If the Problem is open source or is procured from an unidentifiable source, then unless expressly precluded, you and Gururo shall jointly own all the intellectual property rights in the Problem and the Solution. Accordingly, Gururo shall have a fully-transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, sub-licensable, worldwide right to copy, distribute, modify, create derivative works based on, publicly perform, publicly display, and otherwise use the Problem and the Solution. If you wish to assign / license or otherwise utilise any of your intellectual property rights to the Solution, you shall give a prior written notice to Gururo in this regard.
- If the Problem is procured by you and/or from any third party source, you shall disclose the source of the Problem to Gururo. Gururo shall have a right to list the Problem in your personal e-portfolio hosted on its website and retain it as part of its academic records. Furthermore, unless expressly precluded, the intellectual property rights in the Solution to the Problem shall be jointly owned by you and Gururo. Accordingly, the rights of Gururo on the Problem and the Solution, as mentioned in point 2 of this Section above, shall respectively apply to the Solution for such Problems.
We welcome your suggestions, ideas, comments, and other feedback regarding the Services (“Feedback“). By submitting any Feedback, you grant us the right to use the Feedback without any restriction or any compensation to you. By accepting your Feedback, Gururo does not waive any rights to use similar or related Feedback previously known to Gururo, developed by its employees or contractors, or obtained from other sources.
We care about the security of our users. While we work to protect the security of your Account and related information, Gururo cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures. Please notify us immediately of any compromise or unauthorized use of your Account.
Third Party Content
Through the Services, you will have the ability to access and/or use content provided by instructors of programs offered as part of the Services, other users, and/or other third parties and links to websites and services maintained by third parties. Gururo cannot guarantee that such third-party content, in the Services or elsewhere, will be free of material you may find objectionable or otherwise inappropriate or of malware or other contaminants that may harm your computer, mobile device, or any files therein. Gururo disclaims any responsibility or liability related to your access or use of such third party content. It is clarified that Gururo does not have a principal-agent or employer-employee relationship with any instructor, user, or a third party and shall not have bear any liability or responsibility on behalf of such persons/entities.
Gururo is committed to advancing the science of learning and teaching, and records of your participation in courses may be used for education research. Research findings will typically be reported at the aggregate level. Your personal identity will not be publicly disclosed in any research findings without your express consent.
We are constantly changing and improving our Services. We may add or remove functions, features, or requirements, and we may suspend or stop a Service altogether. Accordingly, Gururo may terminate your use of any Service for any reason. If your use of a paid Service is terminated, a refund may be available as assessed on a per case basis solely at the discretion of Gururo. Gururo and its directors, instructors, its contributors, sponsors, and other business partners, and their employees, officers, staff, contractors, and other agents (the “Gururo Parties”) shall not have any liability to you for any such action. You can stop using our Services at any time.
The services and all included content are provided on an “As is” basis without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied. the Gururo parties specifically disclaim any and all warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, and any warranties arising out of course of dealing or usage of trade, whether express or implied. The Gururo parties further disclaim any and all liability related to your access or use of the services or any related content. You acknowledge and agree that any access to or use of the services or such content is at your own risk.
Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Gururo parties shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages, or any loss of profits or revenues, lost business opportunities, whether incurred directly or indirectly, or any loss of data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from: (a) your access to or use of or inability to access or use the services; (b) any conduct or content of any party other than the applicable Gururo party, including without limitation, any defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct; (c) unauthorized access, use, or alteration of your content or information; (d) these terms; or (e) act, omission or negligence to which you contributed. In no event shall Gururo’s aggregate liability for all claims related to the services exceed one thousand Indian Rupees (1000 INR).
You agree that any cause of action related to the services must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Gururo Parties from any and all claims, liabilities, expenses, and damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, made by any third party related to: (a) your use or attempted use of the Services in violation of these Terms; (b) your violation of any law or rights of any third party; or (c) User Content, including without limitation any claim of infringement or misappropriation of intellectual property or other proprietary rights.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Services are managed by Gururo, which is located in Bangalore, India. You agree that any dispute related to these Terms will be governed by the laws of the State of Karnataka, excluding its conflicts of law provisions. You further consent to the personal jurisdiction of and exclusive venue in the national and state courts located in and serving Karnataka as the legal forum for any such dispute.
Excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief, either you or Gururo may elect at any point during the dispute to resolve the claim through binding, non-appearance-based arbitration. The dispute will then be resolved using an established alternative dispute resolution (“ADR”) provider, mutually agreed upon by you and Gururo. The parties and the selected ADR provider shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses, unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; rather, the arbitration shall be conducted, at the option of the party seeking relief, online, by telephone, or via written submissions alone. Any judgment rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
Revisions to the Terms
We reserve the right to revise the Terms at our sole discretion at any time. Any revisions to the Terms will be effective immediately upon posting by us. In all cases, your continued use of the Services after publication of such changes, with or without notification, constitutes binding acceptance of the revised Terms.
Severability and Waiver
If it turns out that a particular provision of these Terms is not enforceable, this will not affect any other terms. If you do not comply with these Terms, and we do not take immediate action, this does not indicate that we relinquish any rights that we may have (such as taking action in the future).
Educational Partners and Accreditation
Gururo is not a University, but an education service provider, offering Programs in consultation with Indian and International universities, educational institutions, governmental authorities, NGOs, corporates, etc. (each an “Educational Partner”).
Admission to the degree/diploma programs of an Educational Partner is separate from being accepted into and/or taking one or more Programs. You agree and acknowledge that nothing in these Terms or otherwise with respect to the use of the Platform or any Program (a) enrolls or registers you in an Educational Partner, or any other school, division, institute or program of or associated with an Educational Partner, and (b) allows you to access or use the resources or receive any benefits or privileges of any Educational Partner, beyond the Programs.
Gururo may offer a credential or other acknowledgement for participants who have satisfactorily demonstrated mastery of the Program material. The decision to award any such credential acknowledgement to a given participant will be solely at the discretion of Gururo. Gururo may choose not to offer any credential or other acknowledgement for some Programs. Gururo may decide at its sole discretion whether to provide a record concerning a participant’s performance in a Program. The format of any credential or other acknowledgement, and of any performance, provided by Gururo relating to Programs will be determined by Gururo at its sole discretion and may vary from Program to Program.
You will be awarded a certificate of successful completion of a Program (“Program Certificate”) only upon fulfilling the criteria and requirements of Gururo and its Educational Partners. You acknowledge that any such Program Certificate awarded may not be affiliated to any Educational Partner and may not stand in the place of a course taken with an Educational Partner or convey academic credit or certification for any Educational Partner.
You will not receive academic credit from Gururo or any other Educational Partner for taking a Program. If you are taking a Program for academic credit or certification as a student of, or otherwise through, an Educational Partner, any such credit or certification may only be awarded directly by the Educational Partner based on its own policies and procedures, and you may be required by that Educational Partner to be registered or enrolled with the Educational Partner in order to receive credit or certification; and, in any event, Gururo will not have any authority or responsibility with respect to any award of academic credit or certification provided by an Educational Partner for a Program.
You acknowledge and agree that any Program affiliated with an Educational Partner may be subject to the terms, policies and procedures of the applicable Educational Partner in addition to Gururo’s Terms. Without limiting the foregoing, if you are a student registered or enrolled at, or are otherwise attending, an Educational Partner and are taking a Program for credit or certification through that Educational Partner, you acknowledge and agree that (a) the Educational Partner may have its own terms, policies or procedures regarding your eligibility to participate in the Program, your participation in the Program, the requirements or prerequisites for receiving credit or certification for the Program, and/or your educational or student records as they may relate to your participation and performance in the Program, and (b) your educational or student records are maintained by the Educational Partner, including for purposes of assigning credit or certification, and not Gururo.
Acceptable Use Policy
You are prohibited from using our Services to share content that:
- Is harmful to a child.
- Contains illegal content or promotes illegal activities with the intent to commit such activities. Please keep in mind that learners who are as young as 13 use Gururo, and we do not allow content that is inappropriate for these younger learners.
- Contains credible threats or organizes acts of real-world violence. We do not allow content that creates a genuine risk of physical injury or property damage, credibly threatens people or public safety, or organizes or encourages harm.
- Harasses others. We encourage commentary about people and matters of public interest, but abusive or otherwise inappropriate content directed at private individuals is not allowed.
- Violates intellectual property, privacy, or other rights. Do not share content that you do not have the right to share, claim content that you did not create as your own, or otherwise infringe or misappropriate someone else’s intellectual property or other rights. Always attribute materials used or quoted by you to the original copyright owner.
- Is patently false and untrue, and is written or published in any form, with the intent to mislead or harass a person, entity or agency for financial gain or to cause any injury to any person.
- Deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of the message/content or knowingly and intentionally communicates any information which is patently false or misleading in nature but may reasonably be perceived as a fact; or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature.
- Contains a software virus or any other computer code, file, or program designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource.
- Is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatsoever.
- Threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognisable offence or prevents investigation of any offense or is insulting any other nation.
- Spams others. Do not share irrelevant or inappropriate advertising, promotional, or solicitation content.
- Otherwise violates these Terms. Please note that specific courses offered as part of the Services may have additional rules and requirements.
You also are not permitted to:
- Do anything that violates local, state, national or international law or breaches any of your contractual obligations or fiduciary duties.
- Share your password, let anyone access your Account, or do anything that might put your Account at risk.
- Attempt to access any other user’s Account.
- Reproduce, transfer, sell, resell, or otherwise misuse any content from our Services, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of our systems, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Break or circumvent our authentication or security measures or otherwise test the vulnerability of our systems or networks, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Try to reverse engineer any portion of our Services.
- Try to interfere with any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, spamming, or mail-bombing.
- Use our Services to distribute malware.
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Encourage or help anyone do any of the things on this list.
Copyright and Trademark Policy
Gururo respects the intellectual property rights of our instructors, and other third parties and expects our users to do the same when using the Services. We reserve the right to suspend, disable, or terminate the Accounts of users who infringe or are charged with infringing the copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights of others.
If you believe in good faith that materials on the Services infringe your copyright, you may notify us by email and we will review your complaint. If we deem appropriate, we may remove the offending content, warn the individual who posted the content, and/or take other appropriate actions and communicate the same to you.
The email complaint must include the following information:
- the physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or, if multiple copyrighted works located on the Services are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow Gururo to locate the material on the Services;
- the name, address, telephone number, and email address (if available) of the complaining party;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice. Also, be aware that there can be penalties for false claims.
Neither of us shall be liable to the other for any delay or failure in performance under these Terms, other than payment obligations, arising out of a cause beyond its control and without its fault or negligence. Such causes may include, but are not limited to fires, floods, earthquakes, strikes, unavailability of necessary utilities, blackouts, acts of God, acts of declared or undeclared war, acts of regulatory agencies, or national disasters.
The contact details of the officer are as below:
Name: Mr. Sudeep D
E-mail id: [email protected]
All the grievances and any discrepancies of the provider of information shall be redressed within one month (30 days) from the date of receipt of grievance.