PMP Exam Fees
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI), stands out as a globally recognized credential for project managers. But how much does it cost to earn this prestigious certification? Dive into this comprehensive guide to uncover the PMP Certification Cost.
Understanding the various components of PMP certification costs can help aspiring professionals budget and plan. Costs can be broadly categorized as:
- Exam Fees
- Training and Preparation
- Membership Costs
- Miscellaneous Expenses
PMI Members: $405 | Non-PMI Members: $555
PMI membership comes at a cost, but it offers a significant discount on the examination fee. Plus, members receive other benefits, such as access to the PMBOK Guide and other resources.
PMI Membership Costs
- Joining fee: $129
- Annual Renewal: $119
It’s worth noting that first-year membership includes the joining fee, plus the annual fee.
PMP Training and Preparation Costs
One of the requirements for PMP certification is 35 hours of formal project management education. Here’s a potential breakdown:
- Online self-paced courses: $200-$800
- In-person PMP Bootcamps: $1,000-$3,000
- Webinar-based training sessions: $500-$1,500
Remember, prices can vary widely based on course length, the reputation of the provider, and course materials included.
Study Materials and Resources
These can include:
- Rescheduling or Cancellation Fees: PMI charges fees if you need to reschedule or cancel your exam appointment. For computer-based tests, the rescheduling/cancellation fee is $70 if done within 30 days of the appointment.
- Retake Fees: If you don’t pass the PMP exam on your first attempt, you’ll have to pay a re-examination fee. For PMI members, this is $275, and for non-members, it’s $375.
- Renewal Fees: To maintain your PMP certification, you’ll need to earn 60 Professional Development Units (PDUs) every three years. This can come at an added cost, depending on how you earn those PDUs.
- PMI members: $1,000-$4,000
- Non-PMI members: $1,250-$4,500
|Cost Component||PMI Members||Non-PMI Members||Remarks|
|PMP Exam Fees||$405||$555||One-time exam fee|
|PMI Membership Costs|
|– Joining Fee||$129||N/A||One-time fee|
|– Annual Renewal||$119||N/A||Annually|
|PMP Training and Preparation||Costs can vary widely|
|– Online Self-paced Courses||$200-$800||$200-$800||Based on provider|
|– In-person PMP Bootcamps||$1,000-$3,000||$1,000-$3,000||Based on provider|
|– Webinar-based Training Sessions||$500-$1,500||$500-$1,500||Based on provider|
|– Gururo PMP Prep course||$99 – $159||$99 – $159|
|Study Materials and Resources|
|– PMBOK Guide||Free||$50-$100|
|– PMP Exam Prep Books||$30-$100||$30-$100||Depending on the edition and author|
|– Practice Exams and Simulators||$50-$200||$50-$200||Depending on the number of tests and provider|
|– Rescheduling/Cancellation Fees||$70||$70||If done within 30 days of the appointment|
|– Retake Fees||$275||$375||If you don’t pass on the first attempt|
|Total Estimated Cost||$1,000-$4,000||$1,250-$4,500||A general range based on choices and requirements|
Conclusion : PMP Certification Cost
The investment in PMP certification can be substantial, but the benefits often outweigh the costs. By holding a PMP credential, professionals often see increased job opportunities, higher salaries, and greater recognition within the industry.
Remember: The exact costs can vary based on personal choices, location, and changes in fee structures by PMI or training providers. Always consult the official PMI website or trusted training providers for the most up-to-date information