What are Professional Development Units (PDUs)?
Holders of a PMP® certification must maintain its validity by earning the required number of PDUs every three years as per PMI®’s renewal requirements. The cycle starts from the date of passing the PMP® exam.
PDUs are credit hours earned through teaching, learning, reading, creating, working, or volunteering in project management or a related field. PMI® certification holders must earn a specific number of PDUs over three years to renew their certification.
How To check PDUs?
- Login to PMI® CCRS using your PMI® account.
- Go to the dashboard screen to view the number of earned and remaining PDUs in each category.
- To claim PDUs, go to the “PDUs” section and click “Report PDUs.”
- Choose the type of activity, follow instructions, and fill in activity info to claim PDUs.
- Repeat the process until you meet the PDU requirement for your certification.
- Once requirements are met, submit PDUs and pay the renewal fee on the PMI® website to renew certification.