The Project Management Institute (PMI) has been a leading organization for project management professionals for over 50 years. With more than 650,000 members in over 190 countries, PMI continues to provide valuable resources and opportunities for individuals to learn and develop their skills for a successful career in project management.
In January 2023, PMI made a significant change to its membership dues. In response to requests from its members, PMI has reduced its annual membership fee to $99, making it more accessible and affordable for the global project management community.
What is the PMI membership cost?
The Project Management Institute (PMI) membership cost varies depending on the region and membership type. The annual membership fee for PMI professional members was $139 until Jan 2023 which is revised to $99 per annum.
In addition to the yearly fee, a one-time application fee of $10 must be paid when applying for membership. This fee is also payable annually. So, The total cost of a PMI membership for
- First time members -> $99 + $10 = $109 per year
- From the Second year onwards -> $99 per year
What are the benefits of PMI membership?
Here are just a few of the benefits you can expect as a PMI member:
- Access to the PMBOK® Guide: As a PMI member, you’ll have access to the PMBOK® Guide, a comprehensive resource that outlines the principles and best practices of project management.
- myPMI: myPMI is an online platform that helps you keep track of your PMI certification progress. You’ll be able to view your status and the requirements for maintaining your certification.
- PMIstandards+™: PMIstandards+™ is a digital content solution that provides access to PMI’s standards, guidelines, and other resources. This platform is exclusively available to PMI members.
- Over 1,000 tools and templates: PMI members have access to over 1,000 tools and templates that can help them in their project management work. These resources can save time and help ensure that projects are completed successfully.
- Free opportunities to earn PDUs: PMI members have access to free opportunities to earn Professional Development Units (PDUs), which are required for maintaining PMI certifications.
- Discounts on certifications: PMI members, including the Project Management Professional (PMP®) and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) certifications, receive discounts on PMI certifications.
- Access to relevant job postings: PMI members have access to the PM Job Board, which features job postings from employers looking for project management professionals.
- Stay up-to-date with PMI publications: PMI members receive access to PMI’s publications, including PMI’s magazine and other resources that provide the latest information and insights on project management.
- Free digital download of the “Disciplined Agile” book: PMI members receive a free digital download of the “Disciplined Agile” book, which provides guidance on the Agile methodology and how it can be applied in project management.
- Opportunity to join local chapters: PMI members can join local chapters for additional education and networking opportunities.
With its reduced membership fee and continued focus on growing member benefits, now is a great time to join PMI and take advantage of all it offers. Whether starting your project management career or looking to take your skills to the next level, PMI has the resources and support you need to succeed.
This change is essential in addressing economic barriers and making it easier for individuals to partner with PMI and take advantage of its many benefits.
PMI is committed to growing its member benefits, which means your PMI membership provides access to world-class resources and valuable savings.