In October of 2018, Atlassian launched a brand new, next-generation project type and optimized for team autonomy and ease of use. Today this new project type comes with simpler administration, more flexible boards, and brand new features like a native roadmap.
It allows teams to collaborate on projects with an emphasis on being able to quickly tailor their board, fields, and other features without requiring a Jira Admin to make the changes.
Advantage of Jira Next-Gen
- Terrific user experience, Kanban boards, reports, and Epic roadmap features are all visually appealing.
- Simple configuration using an intuitive interface makes it easy to onboard new project admins.
- Reduced need for Jira Admins to perform configuration work, enables projects to be safely and rapidly re-configured.
- Supports Sprints or Kanban ways of working.
- Exciting feature roadmap introduced.
Why Consider Learning Jira Next-Gen?
Its popularity & demand is on rising due to its flexibility in being highly configurable.
Next-Gen Projects may also be ideal for those that are new to working with Jira or Kanban, who want to gain some experience of using the tool before settling on a ‘fixed’ workflow.
This allows teams to quickly learn, adapt and change the way they work. If you’ve used Trello before, well, that’s pretty much what Atlassian is trying to do inside a Jira Project.