Program Manager Sample Job Description
In this role, Program Managers are tasked with overseeing individual projects while assessing the program’s strategy and how it will affect the business. It is a career that continues to be in-demand with businesses in every industry, as Program Managers design the blueprint for programs, implement the projects that make up the program and make sure all the various pieces are in place to make the program and the business a success.
Program Managers take the helm in designing, planning and overseeing the successful completion of a program and the various projects that define the program in their organization. They layout the program’s strategy, communicate its objectives and analyse how it will impact the company. Program Managers ensure long-term organizational objectives are met and that strategic benefits and business growth are achieved at the completion of a program.
- Leading and managing large, complex enterprise-level projects
- Define, shape and drive product and technology roadmap, create clarity to guide plans and drive success.
- Meet business objectives by successfully designing, implementing and guiding programs to completion.
- Overseeing project managers and their project teams.
- Creating fast and effective solutions when issues arise.
- Documenting all aspects of work and presenting progress to leadership and stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage relationships at all org levels.
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools such as Jira, Microsoft Project or equivalent
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills, across functions and organizational layers
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- An aptitude for budgeting, scheduling and assigning tasks
- Decision-making and prioritization skills, conflict resolution, community building, and follow through
Nice to have
- Excellent organizational skills
- Thriving under pressure
- Capable of multi-tasking
- A visionary who is both creative and strategic