Joining esteemed organizations like Infosys is a goal for aspiring project managers seeking to excel in the industry. To succeed in the rigorous interview process, understanding the types of questions asked and preparing well-crafted responses is crucial. This blog “Mastering The Infosys Project Manager Interview” provides a curated list of frequently asked project manager interview questions at Infosys, the Interview process, Salary range, and other important information.
Whether you’re an experienced project manager or a newcomer, this comprehensive resource will equip you with the knowledge and confidence to excel in your Infosys project manager interview. Unlock the secrets to mastering the interview and propel your career forward at Infosys.
Infosys as a company, its culture, and its approach to project management.
Infosys is a globally renowned multinational information technology and consulting company. Founded in 1981 in India, Infosys has grown to become one of the largest and most respected IT firms in the world, with a presence in over 46 countries.
At its core, Infosys is driven by a strong commitment to innovation, technology leadership, and client success. The company offers a wide range of services, including consulting, application development, systems integration, and digital transformation solutions. Infosys caters to clients across various industries, including banking, healthcare, retail, manufacturing, and more.
Culture plays a vital role at Infosys, shaping the way the company operates and interacts with its employees, clients, and the wider community. Infosys places great emphasis on its values, which include integrity, excellence, respect, and fairness. These values guide the company’s actions, ensuring ethical behavior, collaboration, and a positive work environment.
Infosys adopts a comprehensive and systematic approach to project management, focusing on delivering exceptional results for its clients. The company follows industry best practices, frameworks, and methodologies to ensure successful project execution. Infosys project managers are equipped with a strong blend of technical expertise, leadership skills, and business acumen, allowing them to navigate complex projects effectively.
Infosys is known for its client-centric approach, where project managers work closely with clients to understand their unique requirements, objectives, and challenges. This collaborative approach ensures that projects are delivered on time, within budget, and meet or exceed client expectations.
The company’s commitment to continuous learning and innovation enables its project managers to stay at the forefront of industry trends and emerging technologies. Infosys invests heavily in training and development programs, empowering its employees to enhance their skills, expand their knowledge, and deliver cutting-edge solutions to clients.
With a strong reputation for delivering excellence and a customer-focused mindset, Infosys sets the bar high when it comes to project management. The interview process for project manager positions at Infosys reflects the company’s commitment to selecting top talent who can drive success in complex projects.
Now that we have gained a glimpse into the world of Infosys and its approach to project management, let’s explore the key areas and questions that you need to be prepared for in an Infosys project manager interview.
Project Manager workforce and Openings
With its vast workforce and strong project management focus, Infosys employs approximately 23,000 project managers across various functions. These managers are integral to driving project success, ensuring efficient delivery, and managing resources across software development, consulting, implementation, and client engagement.
The significant presence of project managers underscores Infosys’ commitment to effective project management practices and their recognition of skilled professionals’ importance in executing diverse and complex projects.
With this extensive network of project managers, Infosys can handle various projects, catering to clients’ diverse needs while leveraging expertise, experience, and leadership to deliver high-quality solutions and exceed expectations. In addition, collaboration, knowledge sharing, and continuous improvement are fostered within the organization through this robust project management network.
In 2022 alone, Infosys demonstrated its commitment to expanding its project management team by posting over 2,200 job openings for project managers on various job platforms. This significant number of openings reflects the company’s growth trajectory and the increasing demand for skilled professionals in project management.
Salary of Project Managers at various experience levels
Canada ( CAD)
Europe ( EUR)
Australia ( AUD)
₹1,500,000 – ₹2,000,000
$100,000 – $130,000
$100,000 – $130,000
€80,000 – €100,000
AUD 120,000 – AUD 150,000
₹1,800,000 – ₹2,500,000
$120,000 – $150,000
$120,000 – $150,000
€100,000 – €120,000
AUD 140,000 – AUD 170,000
₹2,200,000 – ₹3,000,000
$140,000 – $170,000
$140,000 – $170,000
€120,000 – €140,000
AUD 160,000 – AUD 190,000
Project Managers Role
- As part of the Infosys project management team, your primary role would be to take end-to-end bottom line responsibility for a Project.
- You will lead the proposal preparation, review the project estimations, capture inputs from key stakeholders to position Infosys suitably in order to seal the deal.
- You will schedule assignments, monitor, review and report project status regularly in order to manage project risks and ensure successful project delivery and implementation.
- You will also coach and create a vision for the team, provide subject matter training for your focus areas, motivate and inspire team members through effective and timely feedback and recognition for high performance.
- You would be a key contributor in creating thought leadership within the area of technology specialization and in compliance with guidelines, policies and norms of Infosys.
▶ Requirements and skills
- Great educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering for technical project managers
- Proven working experience as a project administrator in the information technology sector
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Project Management fundamentals
- Project Lifecycles on development & maintenance
- projects, estimation methodologies, quality processes.
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages;
- knowledge of architecture frameworks, and design principles; ability to comprehend & manage technology, performance engineering.
- Domain – Basic domain knowledge in order to understand the business requirements / functionality.
- Ability to perform project planning and scheduling, manage tasks and coordinate project resources to meet objectives and timelines
- Ability to work with business and technology subject matter experts to assess requirements, define scope, create estimates, and produce project charters
- Good understanding of SDLC and agile methodologies is a pre-requisite
- Awareness of latest technologies and trends
- Logical thinking and problem solving skills along with an ability to collaborate
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus
Project Managers Interview Process
Experience and Difficulty
▶ Experience and Projects
- Tell me about yourself.
- Questions pertaining to past projects, how we handled it, and challenges faced.
- Describe the methodology used and what the day-to-day work for your role looked like.
- Challenges you faced in your current role and how they were overcome.
- Describe your role in projects.
- What are the quality processes followed in your project?
▶ Agile and Methodologies
- Depending upon experience, different questions are asked about the Agile process.
- Agile methodologies.
- Scenarios related to Agile models and achievements.
▶ Team Management and Communication
- How do you handle crises in your team?
- Team members handling conflict resolution.
- How do you work with a co-located team?
- How did you handle conflicts between consultants and client personnel?
- What issues do you face while setting up an offshore team?
- Importance of communication in project management.
▶ Project Management Principles and Concepts
- Questions related to Project Management (Effort Estimation, Test Plan, Test Strategy, Pre-sales, Technical knowledge and tools, Test Concepts, etc.).
- Project Management Change control, cost, schedule.
- Project management life cycle.
- Risk management in a project.
- How do you manage risks in a project?
- Scope management.
- Stakeholder engagement.
▶ Personal and Behavioral
- Strengths and weaknesses.
- Why do you like working in a team?
- What is your motivation for the job?
- Are you willing to relocate in the future?
- Why shouldn’t I hire you?
- Are you willing to switch to new technologies?
- Why do you want to join Infosys?
- What value can you add?
▶ Technical Knowledge and Tools
- Computer language related, Oracle, Java, etc.
- Name of tools using for load balancing, performance testing.
- SQL and how it works.
- PL/SQL debugging.
- Unix questions relating to grep, egrep, sed, awk.
- Difference between C and C++.
- What is MVC?
- How to optimize an ASP.NET page?
- How to find the second highest salary from a table?
- What is data hiding?
- How to transfer data between multiple controllers?
- How to manage a DR (Disaster Recovery) server?
- What is DevOps?
- What’s your understanding of the supply chain?
- How would you manage processes?
- Where would you host the Olympics?
- What is your approach if you have 50% bugs before UAT?
- If you light a rope from both sides, where will the fires meet?
conclusion : Mastering The Infosys Project Manager Interview
In conclusion, navigating the project manager interview process at Infosys requires careful preparation, a deep understanding of project management principles, and the ability to showcase your skills and experience effectively. This blog has provided valuable insights into the interview process at Infosys, offering a curated list of frequently asked questions and guidance on how to approach them. By leveraging this knowledge, you can confidently tackle your interview and position yourself as a strong candidate for a project manager role at Infosys.